"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious." President George Washington, 15 November 1781, to Marquis de Lafayette.
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds are coming to the the Great Minnesota Air Show June 27 & 28! (link to the air show website coming as soon as it's ready)
Navy League Minnesota proudly supports this Minnesota air show!
March 15, 2015 update - Navy League Minnesota 2015 Initiatives:
March 2015: Support the centennial of the United states Naval reserve with multiple events over six months - in partnership with the minnesota naval operations support center
April 2015: Minnesota navy league council annual meeting - Monday, April 20, 2015
Location is O'Gara's in St Paul from 6-9pm
Cost is $25
Click here to register
June 27 & 28: The minnesota air spectacular - Mankato, mn - featuring the u s air force thunderbirds
JULY 11 & 12: Air expo, flying cloud airport
JULY 25 & 26: The fargo air show - featuring the u S Navy Blue angels
october 17, 2015: The Minnesota United States Navy Birthday Ball
More to come but here is the link to the registration website
We have new shirts in stock - click here and grab one
Navy League Minnesota has sent correspondence (December 2014) to the Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus requesting that a Littoral Combat Ship be named after our capitol city - the future USS ST PAUL. We wish to honor the memory of the award winning, and last all big gun cruiser in the United States Navy. This is a primary 2015 initiative of the Minnesota Navy League Council.
Both classes of LCS are named after cities in America so this fits the naming convention of this class.
The Annual Meeting of the Minnesota Council of the Navy League is Monday, April 20, 2015. Here are the details:
- O'Gara's Restaurant in St Paul, 164 Snelling Avenue North, Saint Paul, MN 55104 (651) 644-3333
- Monday, April 20, 2015
- From 6-9pm (dinner starts at 6:30pm)
- Cost: $25, which includes a buffet dinner from the outstanding O'Gara's kitchen
- There are five Board positions up for election each year (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, JAG)
- If you would like to seek any of these positions, please contact current President Brian Skon at email@example.com to have your name added to the ballot
- Our featured speaker is the CEO of Sun Country Airlines, Mr. John Fredericksen
- Clickhere to register online - please note we are using PayPal but you do not have to be a member to pay by CC